Living the Abundant Christian life is undoubtedly the greatest need for many Christians. Perhaps even you are reading this to find out what a Life of Victory is all about. The good news is that Jesus has freely offered the Abundant Christian Life to EVERY Christian. Jesus said in John 10:10: “…..I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
What exactly is this abundant life Jesus has offered to me?
The Abundant Christian Life is one of continual Victory! It is one which has the following Characteristics:
1. You will know blessings such as “Specific Answers to Prayer.”
James 5: 16 – 18 says: “…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.” Elijah was living the type of life Jesus was referring to. He experienced power with God through prayer, and what a prayer it was!
The Person Living in Victory Will Receive Regular Answers to Specific Prayers
2. You will receive fresh insights from your time alone with God.
You will find yourself saying often, “I have never seen this before as you study you Bible. What fresh insights have you discovered lately from your Bible reading? A few this week for me were:
* The Devil will leave after we resist him, BUT he will come back (Luke 4:13).
* David fought the giant Goliath by himself, but he needed others to help him defeat the other giants. There are some battles that we can fight alone, but many times we NEED the other Christians to help us as we fight the battle.
3. You will begin gaining victory over sin in your life. You can and should be getting victory over sin in your life. You do not have to say yes to every temptation and commit sin. The tragedy is that most Believers do not put up much of a fight. Most have no idea how to use the “Armor of God” and in what particular situation. (Another study soon to arrive here).
4. You will experience great Joy. Psalm 16:11 says: ” Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.” God desires that you have “joy unspeakable and full of glory” (I Peter 1:8). You can have joy in spite of adverse circumstances; in spite of another’s treatment of you; in spite of the economic condition when you are living in victory.
Psalm 51:12 says: “Restore unto me the JOY of Thy salvation…” We can get the joy back into our lives! It comes through Prayer and spending time in the Presence of God.
Are you living in Victory or in Defeat? Defeat brings the following characteristics: Discouragement; Fear; a Critical spirit; an Unforgiving spirit; Envy; and a life committing the same sins over and again.
This life can be yours by sincerely doing the following:
1. It begins with SALVATION. Romans 10:13 promises you that: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
2. SIN must be dealt with each day. I John 1:9 promises the Christian: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Confess means to agree with God against your sin. Ask His forgiveness sincerely, and Jesus WILL forgive ALL your sins!
3. SUBMISSION to the Scriptures. This is Obedience to the Bible.
Which life do you want to live? The choice is Yours!
Email me under the contact tab and I will get in touch with you to help with Knowing How to go to Heaven or How to get started living this life of Victory!